Our Bio-Active Jellybush Honey ( AKA Manuka) is renowned for its heath benefits.
Jellybush Honey has been shown to have antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and digestive properties as well as being great applied topically.
- All our Bio-Active Jellybush honey is scientifically tested and graded to ensure its strength and purity.
- Bio-Active Jellybush comes from the Leptospermum genus of plants and contains Methylglyoxal (MGO) which provides proven health and antibacterial effects.
- The majority of our activity in our Jellybush Honey comes from the Leptospermum Polygalifolium plants which are native to our area.
- The NPA rating system is similar to the trademarked NZ “UMF” system in that it compares strength of active honey to that of a phenol solution.
- Our NPA5+ rating is comparable to a UMF5+ rating.
- Our Bio-Active Jellybush is scientifically tested in independent laboratories, and given both a Non Peroxide Activity (NPA) rating and an MGO rating.
- Jellybush (Leptospermum Polygalifolium) is an Australian version of New Zealand’s Manuka (Leptospermum Scoparium).
- Our Jellybush is available in different strengths which are each suitable for different applications.